NUDES founded by Nuru Karim, operates within the realm of cross-disciplinary cultures of art, architecture and computational design powered by digital “making”. tThe office works at a variety of scales and situates its projects within a wider research context, which includes teaching and writing on both art and architecture. The projects engage with the complex, layered conditions of the contemporary city. The practice seeks to create a tectonic, material and experiential architecture that is appropriate, contemporary and rooted in its context, at all scales.
Our work aims to inspire people while shaping the future. NU.DE works transcend their initial purposes to express timeless cultural, organizational and human values.
We collaborate with clients and colleagues to create experiential spaces connecting people and place.
Lines between sectors are increasingly blurred in the 21st century.
Our sector-based specialists actively share ideas within a collaborative work environment, bringing a rich blend of expertise to each client as a single creative force. Today, as we’ve grown, we continue to operate around as an innovation studio that works closely on each project through playful experimentation, serious research, and old-fashioned problem-solving.
• Winner – NDTV Design and Architecture Award for the “Deployable Arts Pavilion” 2014
• Nominated for the Aga Khan Award for Architecture 2013 – Project “Charkha” Public Art Project in Mumbai
• Winner - EDIDA Elle Décor International Design Awards 2011
• Winner – Best Public and Institutional Spaces, IIID Awards - 2009
• IIID Emerging Practice 2008 - Runner Up
• Winner _ Notions of a Nation, TATA and IAB 2007 for Charkha
• ArchiDesign : Young Architects Award 2007, 2008
• A+D Recreational Architectural Award, Special mention: Community Center, Sanjan - 2006
• A+D Institutional Architecture Award , Runner Up: PJI School - Phase I, Warangal - 2005
• Winner - Jindal Stainless steel innovation awards 2004 Innovation in Interiors – Prof. category
• Winner - Young Designers Award IAB - February 2000
• Winner : Architectural competition – School Design, Vapi, AKESI, 2000
• Tata Group
• Hinduja Group
• Yash Birla Group
• Ala International Pvt. Ltd
• Blue Deebaj
• British Brewing Company
• ABC Emporio
• Shopprix Pvt Ltd.
NON GOVERNMENT ORGANISATIONS
• Aga Khan Development Network
• Kochi Muziris Biennale Foundation
• Alysh Memorial Educational Trust
• Muniwarabad Charitable Trust
• RS Builders
• Niraj Kakad Constructions
• Vaswani Group
• Integrated Group
• Apex Builders
• K L Group
• Raheja Group
• Brahma Corp